Starting your citizenship application for the United States can be intimidating. You want to make sure that all documents are filled out and all processes are completed correctly. At Jorge H. Martinez Attorney at Law, we are determined to make the citizenship process as easy as possible for you and your loved ones. We are a worldwide immigration law firm based in Hamilton, OH that can help you become a citizen of the United States.
What is the Importance of Citizenship?
Are you a lawful permanent resident who is considering applying for citizenship? There are many advantages that are only available to citizens. Learn more about the reasons why people decide to become U.S. citizens.
Top 6 benefits of citizenship:
- Protect yourself and your children from removal.
- Automatically gain citizenship for your children who are under 18 and are lawful permanent residents when you naturalize.
- You will have the ability to petition for immigrant family members to come to the United States.
- You can travel anywhere without any restrictions.
- You will be able to work for the U.S. government.
- You will get the right to vote and have the power to elect leaders who best represent you, your family, and your community.
How Our Immigration Firm Can Help You Apply for Citizenship
There is too much on the line to navigate the citizenship application process alone. Working with a Hamilton citizenship lawyer helps to avoid delays and reduce errors to give your citizenship application the best shot at acceptance.
Important documents that you may need in your immigration application include:
- Green card
- Name change documents
- Proof of spouse’s citizenship
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce documents
- Tax return documents
- Military employment record
- United States residency
- Criminal background
Depending on your case, some or all of the above documents may be required. Our immigration attorneys for citizenship will carefully examine your circumstances and offer counsel on how to proceed with the utmost advantage.
Requirements for U.S Citizenship
U.S. citizenship has several eligibility requirements, in addition to a lengthy process involving an interview and a naturalization test. Our attorneys can look over your immigration case and help you identify any qualifications you may need.
In order to apply for U.S. citizenship, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time you file
- Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
- Be a person of good moral character
Additionally, you must be the owner of a Permanent Resident (Green) Card for a minimum of five years. This minimum is reduced to three years if you are filing as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.
If you qualify, we can assist with submitting your N-400 form and preparing for your U.S. naturalization test and interview.
Why Work with Jorge H. Martinez Attorney At Law?
The right legal counsel during this time makes a difference. Unfortunately, a citizen application can take some time to process and approve. Our Hamilton immigration lawyers work with you throughout the process for a successful resolution.
Reasons that clients choose our firm:
- We offer bilingual services in English and Spanish
- We are immigrants ourselves and have first-hand experience of the process
- We exclusively handle immigration law matters
- We can assist for those in Immigration Enforcement custody
Ready to apply? Call (513) 275-1081 to speak with a citizenship lawyer near you. We serve clients across Butler and Hamilton Counties. We provide Spanish speaking services.
"The Attorney Jorge H. Martinez helped my wife and I navigate the US immigration system with ease."Ricardo M.
"What an amazing experience we had with the whole office staff."Damon Bauer
"Dr. Jorge Martínez is an excellent immigration lawyer."Andrea P.
We extend our services to individuals who are currently in custody of Immigration Enforcement.
We handle cases in the area of immigration law and criminal defense with emphasis in immigration related cases.
Attorney Jorge H. Martinez, and son Alvaro, have gone through the immigration process firsthand and uses his insight to simplify
We are licensed to handle cases in Ohio and Colombia.
All of our attorneys are bilingual and offer Spanish-speaking legal services.